Interpretation of Basic ECG Rhythms
This class prepares the healthcare professional to identify and respond to abnormal ECG rhythms.
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the normal anatomy and physiology along with the normal conduction through the heart.
- Identify and relate waveforms (PQRST) to the cardiac cycle.
- Understand the different lead placements and purposes of each placement.
- Utilize a systematic process when approaching the interpretation of the ECG.
- Identify normal and abnormal components on ECG.
- Recognize sinus, atrial, junctional and ventricular dysrhythmias on ECG and relate cause, significance, symptoms and treatment;
- Identify three pacemaker malfunctions.